Thursday, May 21, 2009

No exit stamp on passport after exiting from NYC due to internal flight transfer

No exit stamp on passport after exiting from NYC due to internal flight transfer?
i have noticed that i did not go through customs when i was transiting a flight in Minneapolis st' pauls, MN from La Guardia, NY out to Narita International in Tokyo Japan. As a result, i dont have any exit stamp on my passport that shows that i've exited the U.S. There were no customs too in the domestic airports like La Guardia in NYC. I dont want to be listed as an illegal immigrant with expired visa cuz i have already exited the U.S since this May. Anyone facing the same problem? What will be next then?
Other - United States - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Just to be sure that I understand your question. You came to visit the United States from Tokyo and upon your departure back to Tokyo you did not receive an exit stamp? Is that what you were asking? If so, then you do not get an exit stamp in your passport when you leave the United States. On your flight to the United States, your airline carrier would have handed out a form known as an I-94 or I-94W which is an Arrival-Departure Record (It would have been green or white depending if you traveled visa-free or not). Once you arrived at customs and immigration in the United States this form was stapled into your passport by the officers. Upon leaving the United States, this form should have been taken out of your passport usually by the airline staff before you board the plane. This is your record of departure and if it was taken out of your passport, they would already know that you have left the country and you have nothing to worry about. If you still have this form it is n your best interest to forward it to the appropriate authorities so that your record is corrected and that you do not experience any problems on future travel to the United States as a result. It is very important that you complete the back of the card listing the port of departure and date of departure from the United States and the carrier/flight information. The I-94 or I-94W together with a letter of explanation and evidence of your departure from the U.S. The evidence can come from a variety of sources, including but not limited to; - Original boarding passes you used to depart the United States; - Entry or departure stamps in your passport to indicate you entered another country after you departed the United States (please copy all passport pages that are not completely blank and include the biographic page containing your photograph); - Dated pay slips or vouchers from your employer to indicate that you worked in another country after you departed the United States; - Dated bank records showing transactions in your home country to indicate that you were in another country after your left the United States; - School records showing your attendance at a school outside the United States to indicate you were in another country after you left the United States; - Dated credit card receipts with the credit card number deleted for purchases you made after you departed the United States to indicate you were in another country after you left the United States. Send legible copies or the original material where possible. If you send original materials please retain a copy for your records; the originals will not be returned to you. It will assist the CBP if you include an explanation letter.

Search News